81 NC Hwy 16 N Suite F
Taylorsville, NC 28681
The Alexander County Pretrial Release program was established in 2003. The program is designated to provide supervision to defendants awaiting trial, while also alleviating the County Jail of overcrowding. The defendants must meet certain qualifications and adhere to conditions mandated by the Court. All defendants are supervised and administered services based on individual needs. The Pretrial Director and court officials work closely together to help maintain compliance for each defendant.
(formerly the Resource Center/TECS)
The NC Department of Public Safety, based on the Justice Reinvestment Act, has designed the Recidivism Reduction Services (RRS) program. This program is a sentenced offender program for defendants on probation. All offenders are referred by the probation officer based on the Risk/Needs assessment level of supervision for services based on individual needs. The services are community-based programs.
- Cognitive Behavioral Intervention Program
(cognitive restructuring program to develop responsibility & accountability)
- Educational Assistance with GED
- Parenting Classes
- Referral to any other agency to handle identifiable problem areas.
- Regular Outpatient Treatment
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Substance Abuse Assessment
- Sexual Abuse Intervention Services consisting of treatment for sex offenders
- Vocational & Job Training