Position:Solid Waste Site Attendant
Position Status:Part-Time / No Benefits
Opening Date:October 31, 2022
Closing Date:Until Filled
An employee in this class assists the public with unloading and sorting solid waste and recyclable materials at a collection site. Work includes maintaining site in neat and clean condition; provides information about operations and policies to customers; assists disabled customers and other related tasks. The employee is subject to inside and outside environments and extreme temperatures. The employee may also be subject to the final OSHA standards on blood-borne pathogens. Work is performed under regular supervision and is reviewed for public relations, site cleanliness, and accuracy of records. The schedule is approximately 8-16 hrs. per week, and Saturday work is required.
• Greets and assists citizens with unloading materials from vehicles; explains recycling and sticker programs and answers questions; assists with sorting materials and storing in appropriate bins.
• Screens material collected for proper content and for proper use of fee stickers.
• Cleans area of stray materials and sweeps; mows grass and trims site.
• Maintains simple records of site activities and numbers of visitors.
• Ability to read and write and some experience dealing with the public; or
• An equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Possession of a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
Applications may be filed online at www.alexandercountync.gov or by mail to Alexander County Human Resources, 621 Liledoun Road, Taylorsville, NC 28681.