Effective at 5:00 p.m. on Friday May 22, North Carolina has moved into Safer At Home Phase 2 of lifting COVID-19 restrictions. The phase runs through at least Friday, June 26 unless changed or canceled. Although the state’s overall key indicators remain stable, the state believes that continued increases in daily case counts signals a need to take a more modest step forward in Phase 2 than originally envisioned.
• View Phase 2 frequently asked questions
• View what Phase 2 means for North Carolina
• View public health guidance for Phase 2, including guidance for places of worship and religious services
• View Executive Order 141
View this chart to compare Phase 1 to Phase 2 (click on the guidance links for more details).
* General Businesses and Organizations Guidance
* Retail Guidance
* Child Care Guidance
* Restaurant Guidance
* Barbers, Salons, and Personal-Care Businesses Guidance
* Large Venues, Arenas, and Stadiums Guidance
* Pools and Spas Guidance
* Day Camp Guidance
* Overnight Camp Guidance
* Interim Guidance for Places of Worship and Religious Services