Department:Emergency Medical Services
Salary Range:$44,557.26 (does not include overtime)
Posting Dates:Open Until Filled
The employee works as part of a two-person crew to provide emergency medical care and transportation of sick and injured patients in the pre-hospital setting. Duties include ambulance operation, direct patient care, inventory and stocking supplies, documentation, and routine station tasks. Heavy lifting is regularly required. The work schedule is 24 hours on duty/ 72 hours off duty rotation schedule.
• Responds to emergency calls as a medical unit attendant or driver.
• Administers Paramedic level of life support techniques and procedures based on patient assessment.
• Assists with daily cleaning and inventorying of emergency equipment, supplies, fluids, administration sets, and drugs.
• Completes necessary records and reports for emergency calls including information for billing documentation, and legal accountability.
• Reports facility maintenance, radio, vehicle, and equipment problems to the appropriate level of authority.
• Participates in cleaning and maintaining ambulance, equipment, station house, and premises.
• Graduation from high school or GED is required and 1 to 2 years of experience in advanced emergency medical service work or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Certification from North Carolina Office of Emergency Medical Services as a Paramedic.
• Possession of a valid North Carolina driver’s license with good driving experience.
• Certifications in CPR, ICS 700, 800, 100 & 200.
Applications may be filed online at www.alexandercountync.gov or by mail to Alexander County Human Resources, 621 Liledoun Road, Taylorsville, NC 28681.