Position:Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Opening Date:October 3, 2022
Closing Date:Until Filled
An employee in this class performs a variety of functions to assist individuals, families, community leaders, health related groups, and groups at risk with behavioral health needs. This position will serve as the initial point of contact including screening, triage and referral for Alexander County citizens who experience issues related to mental illness, substance abuse, and/or developmental disabilities. Confidentiality is essential and required for this position. Work may require events or emergencies after regular working hours or timeframes not normally worked by Health Department Employees. Work assignments are performed in accordance with established procedures and under the regular supervision of the Health Director.
• Assess individual’s needs, determine urgency, and link individuals in a timely manner to an array of services from psychiatric resources.
• Provide assessment, treatment, short term therapy, and care coordination for outpatient clients.
• Communicate with patients both face to face and by telephone from a culturally diverse, high risk population.
• Work with a variety of professionals and paraprofessionals related to mental health and departmental staff, hospital and clinic staff, as well as social services staff, and other community groups.
• Provide consultation, education, and information to families regarding individual situations, treatments, and community resources.
• Provide short-term individual therapy and assist with linkage to community resources as necessary.
• Evaluate, and provide direct client assessment which may include triage, screening, assessments, diagnosis, linkage to services/resources, documentation, and psychotherapy.
• Provide assessments including risk and diagnostic assessments as well as crisis intervention tools.
• Responsible for recognizing the legal consequences, loss of patients’ confidence, and failure to properly refer patients.
• Responsible for identified duties in the Health Department Emergency Response Plan and in the case of an event, the employee is required to work at a specified location.
• Master’s degree from an accredited school of psychology, counseling, or social work.
• Must hold a license to practice as a Psychological Associate or Counselor; or
• Licensed or provisionally licensed to practice as a Clinical Social Worker as required by the appropriate licensing board.
• Additional training/experience is required according to the standards of the professional board regulating the employee’s professional license.
• Must possess an NPI number to bill for services.
• Must possess a valid NC driver’s license.
Applications may be filed online at www.alexandercountync.gov or by mail to Alexander County Human Resources, 621 Liledoun Road, Taylorsville, NC 28681.