Position:IMCW II Universal Worker – Adult Medicaid
Salary Range:$31,534.35 – $44,557.21
Opening Date:May 5, 2022
Closing Date:May 19, 2022
An employee in this class is responsible for the total process of determining or re-determining applicant eligibility in income maintenance programs which includes the intake, processing, and review functions. Work involves intake, processing application, and ongoing maintenance. The employee should have good judgment, scheduling, and decision-making skills. Work involves in-person client contact and/or telephone contact. This position reports directly to an Income Maintenance Supervisor II.
• Interview client and/or family members to obtain necessary information for application, redetermination and changes in the client’s situation.
• Contact persons and various organizations as required to verify information obtained on the application and/or re-certification form.
• Conduct verifications according to policy and complete only when necessary.
• Obtain all necessary information.
• Evaluate in accordance with program policy and procedures to determine eligibility.
• Enter all information into computer.
• Notify client as to the status of their eligibility.
• One year of experience as an Income Maintenance Caseworker I and Graduation from an accredited associate degree program in Human Services Technology, Social Services Associate, Paralegal Technology, Business Administration, Secretarial Science, or a closely related curriculum; or
• Graduation from high school and two years of paraprofessional, clerical, or other public contact experience which included negotiating, interviewing, explaining information, gathering and compiling of data, analysis of data and/or performance of mathematical or legal tasks with at least one year of such experience being in an income maintenance program; or
• Graduation from high school and three years of paraprofessional, clerical or other public contact experience which included negotiating, interviewing, explaining information, the gathering and compiling of data, the analysis of data and/or the performance of mathematical or legal tasks; or
• An equivalent combination of training and experience.
• One year of experience as an Income Maintenance Caseworker is required for level II; all others will be hired at a level I with a corresponding salary grade.
Applications may be filed online at www.alexandercountync.gov or by mail to Alexander County Human Resources, 621 Liledoun Road, Taylorsville, NC 28681.