Position:Emergency Medical Technician, Advanced EMT, and Paramedic
Position Status:Part – Time No Benefits (Multiple Positions)
Department:Emergency Medical Services
Hourly Rate:$14.43 – 17.59 (dependent on certification)
Opening Date:May 9, 2022
Closing Date:May 23, 2022
Interview Dates:June 2, 2022
The employee works as part of a two-person crew to provide emergency medical care and transportation of sick and injured patients in the pre-hospital setting. Duties include ambulance operation, direct patient care, inventory and stocking supplies, documentation, and routine station tasks. Heavy lifting is regularly required. The work schedule is 24 hours on duty/ 72 hours off duty rotation schedule.
• Responds to emergency calls as a medical unit attendant or driver.
• Administers Basic, Advanced, and/or Paramedic level of life support techniques and procedures based on patient assessment.
• Assists with daily cleaning and inventorying of emergency equipment, supplies, fluids, administration sets, and drugs.
• Completes necessary records and reports for emergency calls including information for billing documentation, and legal accountability.
• Reports facility maintenance, radio, vehicle, and equipment problems to the appropriate level of authority.
• Participates in cleaning and maintaining ambulance, equipment, station house, and premises.
• Graduation from high school or GED is required and some experience as an emergency medical technician or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Certification from North Carolina Office of Emergency Medical Services as an Emergency Medical Technician or Advanced EMT and pass the North Carolina Office of Emergency Medical Service Paramedic exam within one year from the date of hire.
• Possession of a valid North Carolina driver’s license with good driving experience.
• Certifications in CPR, ICS 700, 800, 100 & 200.
Applications may be filed online at www.alexandercountync.gov or by mail to Alexander County Human Resources, 621 Liledoun Road, Taylorsville, NC 28681.