Position Status:Part-Time with Benefits (32 hrs. wkly)
Hourly Rate:$12.44 – $17.58
Opening Date:January 11, 2023
Closing Date:Until Filled
An employee in this class provides reception duties in the Dental Clinic. Work involves scheduling appointments, readying charts, filing, and general clerical duties. Employees in this class also provide chair-side assistance to the Dentist position. Work involves all types of clinical dental procedures. The employee will assist the Dentist in educating and providing information on the prevention of dental disease to the public. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Dentist.
• Provides chair-side assistance to the Dentist in all types of clinical dental procedures – examinations, prophylaxis (cleaning), fluoride treatments, restorations (fillings), sealants, and simple extractions.
• Ensures infection control procedures to minimize possible disease transmission from patient to patient; patient to doctor; and patient to dental assistant, including cleaning dental instruments, sterilization of instruments, disinfection of surfaces and non-sterilizable items, appropriate barrier techniques – gloves, masks, and eyewear; and operatory cleanliness – sweep floors, garbage disposal, etc.
• Provides reception duties such as scheduling appointments, getting charts ready, filing, patient record files, local reports, letters, ordering supplies.
• Responsible for seeing that third-party billing is carried out for all eligible individual patients.
• Graduation from an approved dental assistant course; or
• Graduation from high school or GED and one year of on-the-job training as a full-time chair-side assistant (Dental Assistant I) by a dentist licensed in NC for three consecutive years of the preceding five, and completion of board-approved courses in intraoral radiography and didactic training that must include asepsis and dental emergencies; or
• An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applications may be filed online at www.alexandercountync.gov or by mail to Alexander County Human Resources, 621 Liledoun Road, Taylorsville, NC 28681.