Position:Breastfeeding Peer Counselor
Position Status:Part-Time No Benefits
Department: Health Department
Opening Date:January 14, 2022
Closing Date:January 28, 2022
An employee in this class establishes relationships and maintains regular contact with pregnant and breastfeeding women enrolled in the breastfeeding peer counselor (BFPC) Program. The program is in accordance with the local agency’s service delivery model policy. An employee in this position will be trained in the assembly, use, and cleaning of breastfeeding supplies. The employee will also be responsible for conducting clinic appointments, visits, and group discussions. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Assistant Health Director.
• Provides support and information to pregnant and breastfeeding women enrolled in the program.
• Contacts women regularly by either clinic appointments, phone calls, home visits, hospital visits, group discussions or other methods.
• Issues supplies to those enrolled in the program in conjunction with other services.
• Trains in the assembly, use and cleaning of breastfeeding supplies.
• Completes required documentation of the services provided.
• Graduation from high school or GED.
• Six weeks of experience in breastfeeding a child is required
• Preference is given to someone who has participated in or would be eligible for the WIC Program.
Applications may be filed online at www.alexandercountync.gov or by mail to Alexander County Human Resources, 621 Liledoun Road, Taylorsville, NC 28681. Applications must be completely filled out, a résumé should not be substituted in lieu of a complete application.