Position:Public Health Nurse II
Salary Range:$45,670.33 – $64,530.98
Opening Date:August 16, 2021
Closing Date:Until Filled
An employee in this class will oversee the daily operations of the Care Coordination 4 Children (CC4C) program. Duties include assessing child and family needs, developing a service coordination plan of care using knowledge of community services, and following up to make sure goals are achieved. The employee will provide nursing services through clinical programs that assure all community members have access to care regardless of their ability to pay for services. This position requires home visits during and after work hours and general clinic duties on a
fill-in or PRN basis.
• Graduation from a school of professional nursing with a Master’s degree in public health and one year of professional nursing experience;
• Or graduation from a four-year college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing which includes a public health nursing rotation and one year of public health nursing experience;
• Or graduation from a school of professional nursing and two years of professional nursing experience including one year of public health nursing experience;
• Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Graduation from high school or GED.
• Valid NC driver’s license.
* If applicant does not hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing, the selected candidate must complete the Introduction to Public Health Nursing course within the first year of employment.
Who We Are:
Located in the Foothills region of North Carolina, Alexander County is primarily rural in nature. Bordered by the Brushy Mountains to the north and the Catawba River to the south, residents can enjoy a quiet, more isolated area in the country or a more urban setting with lakeside living. The County is rich with history and demographically distinguished by a small town and several rural communities. Alexander County is governed by a five-member Board of Commissioners who are elected at-large, serving four-year terms, with a general operating budget of $43 million and approximately 700 employees. The County offers a wide range of training opportunities, a supportive work culture, and an excellent benefits package.
Applications may be filed online at www.alexandercountync.gov or by mail to Alexander County Human Resources, 621 Liledoun Road, Taylorsville, NC 28681. Applications must be completely filled out, a résumé should not be substituted in lieu of a complete application.
Pre-employment screening including drug and alcohol testing, criminal background check and a physical are required following a conditional offer of employment. Alexander County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, or disability in employment or provisions of service.